관리자 2017-12-01 18:33
Call for applications: Artistic Director, the Busan Biennale 2018
● Opening Date: Fri. Dec. 1. 2017.GMT+18:00 Korea Standard Time
● Closing Date: Fri. Dec. 15. 2017.GMT+18:00 Korea Standard Time
● How to Apply: Applicants must submit an application letter to the Busan Biennale Organizing Committee via E-mail.(email@example.com)
Recruitment Qualification and Desirable Competencies
1. Work experience on exhibition directing in Biennale and/or equivalent careers in a related field of expertise related to international dimensions, characters, and contents are required.
2. Competence and Determination – realizes exhibitions with identities, histories, cultures, and the future of Busan Metropolitan City as well as the Busan Biennale.
3. Logicality and Executability – presents a new discourse on contemporary art in neoliberalism and the fourth industrial revolution.
Summary of Accountabilities and Duties/Tasks
1. Design and practice the exhibition of the Busan Biennale 2018
2. Nominate the artists and works
3. Compile budget
4. Design and practice academic programs on theme of the Busan Biennale
5. Acquire event marketing and sponsorship
6. Prepare the result report
1. The Artistic Director of the Busan Biennale 2018 will be nominated by recommendation as well as recruitment.
2. The list of selected candidates will be on the (public) presentation after the Academic Committee and the Operating Committee examine exhibition proposals submitted. Candidates must go through the process.
3. Candidates can be invited to the debate with the Academic Committee for the verification of one’s philosophical accurateness and concreteness in exhibition concept.
4. The Artistic Director will be appointed through the fair and transparent nominating process according to articles of the Busan Biennale Organizing Committee.
1. Cover letter (free-from including artistic-directing career and reason for application)
2. Exhibition proposal (free-form, no word limits, Include contents on attached exhibit, ‘Exhibition Proposal’)
Public Presentation: Wed. Dec. 27. 2017(expected)
For inquiries, please contact +82-51-503-6154.