관리자 2021-02-22 13:12
Open Call for the Artistic Director of Busan Biennale 2022
The Busan Biennale Organizing Committee is pleased to announce the open call for the artistic director of the upcoming edition of the Busan Biennale in 2022. Busan Biennale, which was inaugurated as Busan Youth Biennale as a self-initiated art festival by young Korean artists in 1981, was integrated with the Sea Art Festival, which was first held in 1987, as well as with the Busan Outdoor Sculpture Symposium, which was launched in 1991, has presented an international contemporary art exhibition since 2000. We look forward to meeting the artistic director of the Busan Biennale 2022.
<Overview of the Busan Biennale 2022>
○ Exhibition Period: August - November 2022 (to be determined)
○ Candidates for venues: Museum of Contemporary Art Busan (main venue), possible sites in Busan,
※ You may submit a proposal that only uses Museum of Contemporary Art Busan as a venue
○ Project Budget: Approx. KRW 1,700,000,000 ※ Please note that the budget is subject to change
※ Honorarium for the artistic director and exhibition team members, artist fee, artwork production, installation expense, travel expense for artists, exhibition operation expense,
public program expense, general operating expenses, and miscellaneous expense are included.
※ Above budget does not include PR/Marketing expenses.
○ Sponsored by the Busan Metropolitan City and Busan Biennale Organizing Committee
○ Organized by the Busan Biennale Organizing Committee
○ Title of the position: Artistic Director of the Busan Biennale 2022
○ Open call period: February 22 - March 21, 2021, 24:00, GMT+9, Korea Standard Time (28 days)
○ Number of position(s): One person or one team from a local or international background
○ Major roles and responsibilities
- Overall management of the exhibition
- Develop and implement public programs
- Responsibilities related to PR and sponsorship
- Cooperate with the exhibition team, the PR/Marketing team, and the Academic Program team in the Organizing Committee to deliver the exhibition
- Any other responsibilities specified in the contract
○ Employment type: Part-time
○ Term: Contract date - December 2022
□ Qualifications that we are looking for include:
○ A concrete plan for the exhibition to present a theme universal to humanity, starting from the identity of Busan as a city
○ A specific method to cooperate with the local artists or curators in Busan;
○ A forward-looking exhibition model based on the understanding of the history, culture, and local properties of Busan;
○ An understanding of and expertise in contemporary art and experience in exhibitions and/or equivalent careers in large-scale international exhibitions
○ Contributions to the global networking of the Busan Biennale Organizing Committee;
○ Visit and stay in Korea (Busan) for a certain period to ensure the smooth operation of the exhibition (in the event of Force Majeure, including COVID-19, further consultation will be made).
□ Personal Information
○ Please start with the most recent experience and make the five (5) most significant experiences in bold.
○ Other materials such as your portfolio and your résumé (CV) cannot be attached.
□ Exhibition Proposal
○ A proposal shall be up to five (5) pages.
○ Venue: Please state your choice of venue area and location, and the applicant should present the reasons for their selections.
○ Please present promotional strategies and specific methods that fit the exhibition.
○ Please suggest an efficient fundraising idea for the exhibition, including sponsorship from local/international profit and non-profit organizations.
○ Other materials such as images cannot be attached.
□ Timeline and Process ※ The date is subject to change under certain circumstances
① Submission of the application (Feb. 22 ~ Mar. 21, 2021. 24:00, Korea Standard Time, 28 days)
② The Recommendation Committee to be convened to review applications (Mar. 29, 2021, planned)
③ Announcement of the shortlisted for interview (Mar. 30, 2021, planned)
④ The Selection Committee to be called for the presentation of the proposals and the interviews with the candidates (Apr. 2, 2021, planned)
※ Please note that the selected applicants are required to take an online interview on the date designated by the committee
※ The interview will be conducted in Korean or English (Consecutive interpretation from English to Korean, and vice versa, will be provided).
⑤ Final selection to be announced (by Apr. 2021)
□ Submissions (please refer to the attachment)
○ Submission period: Feb. 22 - Mar. 21, 2021, 24:00, Korea Standard Time (28 days)
○ Required document: 1) Application (in English), 2) Consent to Personal Information Collection and Usage
○ Please submit the application via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
○ Successful applicants will be notified via e-mail.
○ Applicants will be solely responsible for any consequences arising from non-compliance with the requirements, incorrect information, or omissions.
○ Applicants who provide false information may be excluded from the application process.
If you have any further inquiries, please visit our website(http://www.busanbiennale.org/eng/) or contact us via e-mail (email@example.com).
Attachment 1. Busan Biennale 2022 Application